Saturday, August 1, 2015

This week we took a heavier look into pedagogical in our readings and in our assignments.  The article "Tweet me, message me, like me: using social media to facilitate pedagogical change within an emerging community of practice" by Victoria A. Goodyeara, Ashley Caseya & David Kirka interest me the most as it seems to fit into y work environment and things that we are trying to develop.  This article looked at how social media, outside the the actual physical state, was a space for communication and building a community of practice for teachers.  I have been thinking about my instructors at work and how they all have various responsibility and courses they run but ultimately their job is to educate. This was a great article of research to look at this phenomenon.  I am hoping to take some of these same lessons and implement them into the work place.

In the process of developing our produsage project I was able to explore more of the web 2.0 tools (wiki, reddit, quoto, pinterest, edmondo and facebook) to figure out what would be the best fit for the subject.  I felt that this project was a little harder to perform and never felt like I moved to a solid standing with my produsage project.  What I did find was that you have to be mindful of your audience or learners and pick tools that will attract them and ones that they would be willing to use. We also looked at a few articles that focused in different countries and cultures can bring many other concerns when developing material to be used.  

No comments:

Post a Comment