Saturday, July 11, 2015

Wrapping up the Week



This week I looked at various networking in our reading from electronic to general networking and communities.  I was interesting to discuss the differences between networking and communities and what distinguished the difference between them.  I spent this week on my classmate’s blogs a little more to see what they found interesting and blogged about.  I like the class interaction through the blogs and still having the option to also discuss things on the blackboard discussion boards.  As learners in the course we always have the option to create a discussion board on the blackboard but this is the first class that I have actually seen people do it and create a great discussion.  I have also been observing two forums (communities) for my next class project.  One I am more of a lurker and the other I have been trying to participate.  Even though both communities are based on fishing it seems to go beyond more than the subject and you actually see people expressing themselves on other subjects and trials in their personal lives.  I have had mixed reviews if I am part of the community yet.  Even though I have had people make some general comments and welcome me when I post questions I have not received a large support of help compared to other questions posted from long time members.  I have even looked at the idea of PLNs and didn’t even realize that I had one already started.  Like relationships, PLNs take time to nurture but I see it as important to have one, the question is it better to have a large PLN and have as many resources available when needed or to have a small PLN and focus on it.  I think that a large one is the way to go with PLN.  Especially, when you understand that your PLN is a combination of different aspects in your life to include work, family, personal, hobbies, etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment