Thursday, July 9, 2015

Camp Google - Virtual Education

Talking about technology at work!  I am always searching for fun things for my daughter to do, especially with school out and I do not a lot of televisions time.  I discovered Camp Google that starts 13 July.  This is a virtual education, four-week, free online camp for ages 7 to 10 but really for any kids at heart.  This program was designed by Google, National Park Service, National Geographic and Khan University. The camp will have an ocean week, space week, nature week and music week.  Learners can chose to do the entire camp or just parts and earn badges,





2 comments:

  1. Ron,
    This is so cool! Thank you for sharing. My son is saying, "I'm 11" but with the video he's now curious. I'm curious, too. Going to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So update, a little disappointing in Camp Google so far. We got all excited and made sure everything was set up and ready to go for Camp Google. My daughter was counting down with the time when the message came up, browser not supported. So I tried a couple of others with no luck and decided to download chrome to see if that worked while my wife tried safari. Both of these worked but then we waited for the live feed to show up but all we received was the continuous wheel of loading. 45 minutes later the wheel cleared to video and my daughter came running in to watch for five minutes before the screen froze. We called it for the day and decided that we will watch the recorded video of it tomorrow when Google figures out the glitches. Kind of sad since we made sure that our day would evolve around this Camp Google since my daughter loves science and the ocean.

    ReplyDelete