Sunday, July 5, 2015

The week is coming to a wrap before the big 4th of July weekend.  The class has started off with a lot of work to get ready for the semester.  I will admit that I was overwhelmed at first with all that we have to do but after discussing things with classmates and Dr. Vanessa Dennen I have realized that I am in for a ride.  This class is different, even for online and distance learning, then I have experienced so far.  The class is still structured with the expected reading and guidance but each learner creates their instruction through development of their blog, research, responding to various other classmates discussions versus just doing the discussion board on the blackboard.  I like the idea of being able to expound my interest on the subjects of web 2.0 and looking at whats going on in the instructional development community. 

Our reading for this week has expanded my idea of a network and community and I look forward to digging deeper into the book.  In the webster dictioninary they define Network as "a usually informally interconnected group or association of persons (as friends or professional colleagues)".  Community seems to have a larger list of definitions but a few that applies to us are:

- the people with common interests living in a particular area; broadly :  the area itself <the problems of a large community>
- a body of persons or nations having a common history or common social, economic, and political interests <the international community>
-a body of persons of common and especially professional interests scattered through a larger society <the academic community>


I enjoy seeing the different directions that the others students take their blogs and look forward to seeing more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment