Monday, July 6, 2015

So week one is behind us and week two has kicked off.  I hope everyone has a great 4th of July weekend and stayed safe. I spent the weekend digging a 130 foot trench, 18 inches deep so that my wife could have a outdoor sink in the back yard.  This week we are starting to look at a few more web 2.0 tools, Pinterest and Diigo.  I do not know why I never thought of Pinterest as more then a place to save things for hobbies but for a board for other interest, to include education.  My wife and daughter have been using Pinterest for a while but mostly for art work and getting ideas for new projects.  I guess that is what my experience has been for with the group of friends we share, art and food.  


It happened that at the same time I also saw an article by Sarah Muthler, TheEducator’s Guide to Pinterest on my feedspot RSS feed and decided to take a look.  It is amazing the idea that you can take your Pinterest and set up a board for the classroom or lesson plans. I can see how this would be beneficial to setting up a personal learning network.  When I am working on a project for school I tend to print the files to adobe and save them in a folder.  This does not provide a quick glance at all of the work and I like the idea how I can go to a board and look at all of the pins I have to organize my thoughts.  One disadvantage I do see is that when I am not connected I don't have the items at my fingertips to read.  I will have to look at the application more to see if I can save somethings offline on the application on the ipad or iphone. A good question then, is how have you used pinterest? 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing the article, Ron! I am a newbie when it comes to Pinterest and just create an account only for this class. I was lost and this article provides me with an easy step by step guidance. :)

    ReplyDelete