Thursday, August 6, 2015

Final Post - thats all Folks!


Ok, not really but for my FSU Graduate School experience I call this a wrap.  I am finishing up my summer semester and will graduate with my Master's in Instructional Systems and Learning Technologies.  In a few weeks I start back full time as the Assistant Training Officer at Special Missions Training Center located on Marine Corp Base Camp Lejeune, NC.  So does my blogging days end with the class, no?  I plan on changing my blogging to be used in two different locations, this one for my continuous journey into the HPT field and one for my military training programs.  I found that by blogging forced me to reach out to look for articles and studies that fall in the line of my graduate studies.  In order to stay up to day and continue my growth in my personal learning network (PLN) I need to have something to keep the pressure on.  

Prior to my current course my web 2.0 tools really consisted on a few applications like Facebook, well ok Facebook.  I was amazed at the different types of tools being used and I was corrected on a lot of my understanding of some of the common tools like Pinterest, Twitter and few others. Where I looked at them as another social media type of thing that my wife and daughter are always killing time on (lol, noticed I didn’t say wasting time on) that they can truly be used not only for academic research but for development of a PLN for my professional development.  So this is not a good by but see you later.  I hope that I will be able to continue to stay connected with my classmates and it will be interesting to continue to follow their blogs and see how they develop. 

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on graduation! :)
    Keep blogging, and keep in touch ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Ron! I enjoyed learning by your side in many of my classes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big Congratulation, Ron! During the course, I explore new social media tools and also recommend many social media tools to my husband, such as Diigo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Ron! It has been a pleasure learning from and with you.
    I wish you all the best in all your endeavors.

    ReplyDelete